BMW R 1200 RS
The R100 RS, and this newest incarnation toes the family line with tour-tastic features that should take the edge off the longer jaunts. Join me while I take a look at the newest generation of this venerable line. These include the Ride Modes Pro option that adds Dynamic and customizable User modes to the standard Road and Rain ride modes, as well as adding lean-angle-sensitive Dynamic Traction Control to the mix.
$195 a day
- 300 Allowed Miles
- Touring Guide & Map
- Personal Luggage Storage (You need us to watch while you ride)
- $9.98/day: 24hr Roadside Assistance
- $35: GPS
- $15: Top Box (Trophy SE Only)
- $15: Panniers/Side Bags (only on Tiger 800 & Explorer 1200)
- $10: Helmet
- $15: Jacket OR Pants
- $25: Jacket & Pant combo
Price Per Day in US Dollars.
*GPS requires additional $50 deposit.
DAMAGE DEPOSIT: A $2500 security damage deposit on a credit card is required to cover the cost of damages to the motorcycle. Motorcycle renter must be the cardholder. The deposit can be reduced to $1500 by accepting the CDW II and is returned in full when no accident occurred and the undamaged motorcycle is returned.
CANCELLATION and REFUNDS: Your $50 reservation deposit will be refunded if reservation is cancelled 7 days prior to your reservation pickup date.
Reservation: Advance reservation is required, see our reservation form. We confirm reservations three days prior to pick up time.
Drop-off hours: Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Requirements and deposit: Our insurance requires that motorcycle renters be at least 21 years old, and have a valid motorcycle license. A refundable $2500 deposit, made on a credit card, is required when signing for the motorcycle. By accepting the CDW II, this deposit is lowered to $1500.
All passengers need to sign a Release of Liability before they are allowed on the motorcycle.
Rates are quoted in US dollars. Rates do not include current Nevada sales tax.
BMW R 1200 RS FEATURES
The R1200RS brings a new level of handling and technical sophistication to its class, with long- distance comfort as well as the performance to boogie in the corners.
• Shapely two-part engine spoiler
• Polyamide (PA 6) with a proportion of glass fibres added, tough and resistant to ultra-violet light
• Painted in vehicle colour(s) or primed for individual paint finish
– Colour versions: Lightwhite non-metallic for R 1200 R; Blackstorm metallic and lupin blue metallic for R 1200 RS
– Colour versions also available as optional extras (ex-works)
• Visual enhancement and customisation
• Weight: Approx. 190 g per side
• Not in combination with crash bars
• Hardshell plastic cases, spray-proof
• Capacity, total: Approx. 63 l (right approx. 31 l, left approx. 32 l)
– The left case is slightly larger and will easily accommodate 1 helmet.
• Case lids painted in granite grey metallic matte
• Extension on bottom of case makes packing and unpacking all the easier
• Cases lockable, same-key locking system for vehicle key possible
• Maximum payload per case: 10 kg
• Recommended top speed with case(s) installed: 180 km/h
• Weight (per case): Approx. 3.8 kg
• Unobtrusive case carriers that do not get in the way when the cases are not fitted
• Supplied without case carrier and without lock barrels
– Case carriers also available as an optional extra (fitted ex-works)
• Optional: Waterproof liners for touring cases
BMW Motorrad Navigator V
• Bluetooth-compatible GPS satnav device optimised for use on motorcycles
• Large, bright 5″ display
• Available either with map data for Europe or North America¹, or without preinstalled map data
• Free lifelong map updates (only for the options with preinstalled map data)
• 8 GB integrated memory (world unit 4 GB), and with slot for SD card
• Optional Garmin Smartphone Link for congestion information in real time, up-to-the-minute weather forecasts and more
• Specific functional scope R 1200 RS:
– Extended data interchange via LIN bus (My Motorcycle pages, warnings)
– Optimised and extended HMI control options by means of the Multi-Controller
– Security system on the Mount Cradle: Lock barrel with same-key locking system enables the Navigator to be locked into the holder.
– Only in combination with optional extra “Preparation for navigation system” (retrofit technically possible)
• See separate product information bulletin for more detailed information on the Navigator V